Navigation unit hack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Hi, I have 2004 Expedition EB with NAV unit. Stock setup does not allow to enter the destination while driving which completely suxxx. I don't see the reason for this since all other NAV systems on the market including BMW allow this.

I was wondering - is there a known hack of the Ford's NAV system which would allow to enter the destination while driving?

thx

OP
OP
G

Hi R2D2 -

I also just bought an '04 Expedition and am disappointed by the same limitation that you spoke of (inability to entire/search destinations & Address while the vehicle is moving). I'd also like to explore any hacks that may be available. Please let me know if you find any and I'll watch this thread.

Another MAJOR disappointment is that my Nav CDs are 2002?! I expected at least 2003 CDs. Will be contacting NavTech on Monday to see what is available but I think the dealer should be footing this bill. What CDs did you get in your 2004?

Thanks for the input,
Allen

hpierce

Reaction score
I have the old CD's for the 03 eb. I have talked to NavTech and they advise that Ford makes the call on when update are made available. According to NavTech Ford will be making a release in Feb.

Jefh23

Reaction score
NAV HACK

Has anybody found a Hack to the NAV system for the 04 Expedition EB yet or any luck on a updated CD set and or who makes the NAV system.

elbuencarlos

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no a hack for the Nav system to allow you to entri/search destinations & Address while the vehicle is moving. Ford needs to ask to the supplier, mainly Visteon, to make a change in the software code of the radio in order to incorporate that change. In feb04 Ford release a new CD set with full coverage, but it only work with Expy 04 1/2 and 05.