Need a walk thru for splicing factory camera into new radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a '14 limited with nav. Which wires control the camera and do I need to do anything other than spicing a rca connector to the camera line?

Thanks

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New Radio ? Aftermarket ?

Your back-up cam image comes up on the screen or rear-view mirror ?

Last edited:

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Splicing into the backup camera signal:

- Locate the only 10 pin plug behind the Radio, it should only have 2 wires according to this diagram and connector pinout
- Splice RCA positive to the white/green wire
- Splice RCA negative to the brown/violet wire.

Backup Camera.jpg C240B_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New Radio ? Aftermarket ?

Your back-up cam image comes up on the screen or rear-view mirror ?
Thanks for the diagram and info.
To answer your original question, new pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX and my old stereo is nav/sync1 stereo that displays the backup camera feed.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much it, ... Find an RCA pigtail (attached), splice it in

... run the Pioneer's Camera detection wire to the rear of the vehicle, splice that into the reverse lamp wire at the Taillight.

Done Deal !

View attachment 33492
Awesome.
I'll still have to run a line to a backup light? What guage?

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe Pioneer provides a long enough wire for that purpose. If not, 18-22 gauge is big enough.

I was looking at the reverse system electrical diagram, and it seems like there's an inline connector behind the glove box where the reverse line runs from.

Reverse System Diagram - Copy.jpg C214 Location - Copy.jpg C214 Pinout - Copy.jpg

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much it, ... Find an RCA pigtail (attached), splice it in

... run the Pioneer's Camera detection wire to the rear of the vehicle, splice that into the reverse lamp wire at the Taillight.

Done Deal !

View attachment 33492
I'm installing a maestro unit and using the corresponding f01 wire harness. It appears that the f01 has a reverse line that ties into the stereo harness. Does that mean I don't have to worry about splicing into the reverse line behind the glovebox?Screenshot-20191208-202047-Drive.jpg 20191208-202252.jpg

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So it seems, ... it's coming from the factory radio harness. I'll pull the pinouts for the other radio connectors.

TXFRDOwner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the rest of them and I dont see a reverse signal wire in any of them. Unless the Maestro module can pickup the reverse signal through MS-CAN, translate it then pushes it back out into a single wire.

Intriguing to say the least

C240A.jpg C240C.jpg C240D.jpg