need help, windshield washer not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riccoh

Reaction score
got an expi a few months back 1998 XLT, since I got it, I havefix some of the major problems, now tackling the little problems, and trust me I have look here and on the f150 forums with not much mention of this problem, I look at the haynes manual for the relay circuit adn it shows two relays for the washer pump, any one know were exactly this relays are?

Here is where I'm stuck and your help is needed:
the wipers all work fine, even the rear
the rear washer works great now, after cleaning the nozzles
but the fron ones do not work at all
so far I have switched all the relays in the engine compartment and nothing,
changed the washer pump and still nothing up front
what's next

Has anyone here had the rear washer work while the front doesn't?
thanks for any help.

OP
OP
R

riccoh

Reaction score
for those that might have the same problems down the road, found a fix, and it was simple. I decided to remove the multi function switch and in the process I notice that there was a wire from one of the conectors that had come off. pushed that in a it fix the problem. but since I got a newer switch I went ahead and replaced it anyways as the factory was worn out and could see a marking on it.
here is also a common fox for this same problem. this is from FTE:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/825008-windshield-washer-works-sporadically.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself