need help with alternator problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expyneedshelp

Reaction score
I have a 97 expedition eddie bauer edition with the 5.4 .

The alternator went bad so i replaced the alternator with a brand new battery and it still did not charge the battery so i pulled the alternator and it was bad so i figured i just got a bad alternator and replaced it again and still the same thing, so something is automatically killing my alternator what could that be?
I have had this vehicle for 2 months and from reading on the forum i think this vehicle might have the water leakage from the window problem. The vehicle drives fine just the check engine and suspension light comes on.Check engines are just o2 sensors.
If the water leaked on the gem module like i have been reading could this cause the problem with the alternator?

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

b_salgado

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem. I went through 2 alternators in the same day! I found that they put too much di-electric grease in the connector at the alternator and it wasn't making a good connection. I cleaned some out with a cotton swab before I plugged it in and then wiggled it in place to make sure it had a good connection. No more problems after that. Before I discovered this I was left stranded on the other end of town with a dead Expy with a brand new alternator and a drained battery. These vehicles require alot of current to operate and your battery will drain in less than 3 miles with a faulty connection from the alternator. Mine acted like it was possesed! Alarms going off, gauges going nuts, locks going crazy, stereo going on and off, buzzers sounding.... ect. THen it just died! I jumped it off and it started right up. I then proceded back home and it died again ... this time no throttle response and all the same buzzers, lights and ect. Check your Alternator connection first!