Need Help with rear wipers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My rear wipers quit about a month ago on my 2000 eddy Expedition. I've changed motors twice to no avail and don't find any bad fuses , at least the ones the owners manual says are connected. Don't know where to go next. Is there a fuse or relay that the manual doesn't talk to that could be at fault? If not what is might be wrong. At my wits end, Help
Rich [email protected]

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
FI-62, the motor failing in the rear is not anything new and sometimes they last a long time, some times they don't. One that that I would tell you to do is to walk out back and give the shaft of the wiper a good smack with the palm of your hand. Push the shaft into the truck a little bit. In a lot of cases, this shocks the motor enough that it will work for a little bit longer. But, odds are, you are looking at replacing the wiper motor again. In short, there is a wafer mechanism on the motor that is cheap and it tends to fail really easy.

jdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you confirm no power or ground to the motor?

OP
OP
FI-62

FI-62

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Rear wipers

I went ahead and replaced the multifunction switch but still no rear wiper. Guess I'll change motors again

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you getting power back there? It'd be pointless to change motors if there's no power.

stdscherer

Reaction score
No Power

I have no power at the motor. Checked all fuses and checked continuity at the wiper switch. The relays do not make any noise when turned on. Very confused about this one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69