Need Injector help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Fisher

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2010 Expedition with a 5.4. It runs great with one rather big problem.
Test drove perfectly.
Drove it home, no problem, restarted several times, no problem.
However the next morning it would only start after several long attempts.
Drove a few times that day and it was fine.
The next morning (colder morning) wouldn't start.
Finally after 2 days and multiple attempts it started, ran horribly and left a huge puddle of gas under the vehicle.
Yes, I suspected it was flooding. The dealer is backed up, so it was a week before he could get to it. They tried a number of things but including cam solenoid and a list of other things.
They thought they solved the problem because the rings were stuck in cylinder 7 and the remote starter was hooked to the injector on 7 and was corroded. They fixed that, Drove it several times and thought it was fixed. I picked it up and drove it home. Ran perfectly, made several stops, no issues.
Next morning? SAME PROBLEM.
They are telling me another week because it's backed up. I want to diagnose this for many reasons.
My suspicion is leaking injectors.
No codes.
Gas in the oil.
Gas pouring out exhaust.
Thoughts, suggestions, ideas.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you getting any DTC codes from the OBDII ? Something like a P0316 and a P030x code ? You can get a new set of Bosch injectors for under $200 over on Rock Auto. They're easy to replace. Just lube the new O-rings when you install 'em.

Fuel Injectors on Rock Auto

62406left__ra_p.jpg

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It almost has to be an injector to put gas in the oil. It's either stuck open or being commanded open. I would check for voltage on the injectors, #7 in particular.
Could also pull some spark plugs and let it sit overnight, might be easier to spot a leaking injector.
I know you already replaced injectors, but verify them before you eliminate them as a suspect. New ain't always good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni