Need Opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VoxVeritatis

Reaction score
If it's pristine (only 3% of cars are in 'Excellent' condition, at best it's probably 'Clean' condition), 3rd-row seat, everything works (100%) with no accidents or visible damage, 4WD, rear AC - i.e., completely loaded - in or around Germantown, IL, Kelly Blue Book values it just under $4,000, which is around the Edmunds valuation in a private party transaction as well.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just looked it up on KBB. That price they are asking is way off what the book says. I gave it an Excellent condition, and had the site auto select options. I doubt anything I could have done manually would find another $5k.D264D457-D74F-4D64-8F89-54674DE695C2.png

VoxVeritatis

Reaction score
That is trade in value......What is Private Party Value.....
If it's pristine (only 3% of cars are in 'Excellent' condition, at best it's probably 'Clean' condition), 3rd-row seat, everything works (100%) with no accidents or visible damage, 4WD, rear AC - i.e., completely loaded - in or around Germantown, IL, Kelly Blue Book values it just under $4,000, which is around the Edmunds valuation in a private party transaction as well.

Oldfoo

Reaction score
While indeed it's very nice, the price is too high. Like others have said, take in to a reputable shop, have it inspected and go from there. If it's an option, have it appraised for "insurance" values. While mine has higher mileage, my interior is in better, had a lot of little issues that were caused by other "mechanics" that I'm finally getting sorted. Oh and another thing.... lower miles isn't always better.

I paid 1500.00 for this one with issues, and the appraised value was 4500.00 after the repairs, just to give you an idea.

Attachments

• 99Expedition.jpg
    99Expedition.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 7

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I paid 1500.00 for this one with issues, and the appraised value was 4500.00 after the repairs, just to give you an idea.
Good deal. That's about 2 months payments on a new one. Insurance is a lot less also. Figure that over 4 years, depreciation, even with a lot of repairs, your way ahead. Win, win in my book.

laiod

Reaction score
Personally, I'd pay a maximum of maybe $5k for one in that condition. Have a local mechanic check it out if you're serious so you know if there's any serious issues hiding underneath.

It's a great example and I'm rather jealous you found it!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check the corners of the radiator support bracket where they bolt to the frame for rust. If no rust anywhere and good paint, adds value.