Need some help lifting my 98 EDDIE BAUER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHAGGYS EXPO

Reaction score
Ok so I have done gotten rid of the air ride. Switched to coil overs. My problem is I wanna put 35's on but don't want too much height. Any suggestions on what any of you others have done. Or any specific lift kit I should go for. I do not want body lift. Am a certified welder and can fabricate anything with plans. Thanks anyone that can help.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Sorry no one has responded... There are hundreds of threads on the subject. That's probably why you didn't get a response. I went the body lift route, with a 2 inch torsion twist and 2 inch coil spacers in the back for a total of 5 inches. But you are not wanting to go to a Body Lift..

Check here... http://www.expeditionforum.com/f47/list-all-lift-kits-22278/

and then if that doesn't work, go to the forum main page, scroll down to the Suspension category, and there are hundreds of threads that you can browse through..

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With any suspension lift just make sure that your front end camber is readjusted because the front end A arms go through dynamic camber change depending on the position of the A arms in their travel. Also, a suspension increase in the rear doesnt have too many issues as long as the out put of the transfer case is parallel to the input of the rear diff. This should be fine with like a 2 inch suspension lift but more then that you have to watch out. Body lifts seem a bit easier then suspension.

OP
OP
S

SHAGGYS EXPO

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been reading a lot and think I'm just gonna get the stronger torsion bars and put those in and brand them up 1.5 inches. Then add some spacers to my rear coils. And then I should easily fit the 33's I want under it. Now all I gotta do is find some 12 wide used rims that will bolt up. Then gonna go ahead pull her in garage and get to painting.