Need some help on a friends ranger (sub/amp install)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well my friends brother had a ranger and got an amp and sub to go in it. worked perfect in his ranger. My friend gets a ranger, and we put the sub/ amp in the ranger. after 5-6 hours of hard install and troubleshooting we got it to work

later we go to a carwash to vacuume it out and it just dies on us. the amp shut off!

got to the carwash and it worked then it shut off again and it wouldnt come back on!

Any Idea what this could be?

the only thing I can think of is not having the fuse right near the battery? there wasnt one with the bag of wiring he had. all connections otherwise are solid.

NEED HELP!!!!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FUSE IT! and its a ground problem. where did you ground it? also make sure the wires arnt touching. like one little piece of wire from the + is touching the -.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like the amp is going into protection mode....

or what panda said...

and FUSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need for a car fire

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ill tell him to fuse that bad boy, and ill check the wire ends tommorrow. The amp doesnt flash power or protection mode, it seems like no power. I grounded it into the floor, sanded the paint off of the metal and it worked great, I think the fuse is probably it

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive had that happen to my old crunch. it just fried. so i threw it away. :( sad day. i really liked that thing. but now i get my new one!!! but still. what gauge wire you running and how big is the amp? wattage wise.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its not fused??? dude!!! fuse that thing dude! if it is that kit then why didnt you fuse it? im just confused. and do you know the order of wiring it all up? connect the ground. the blue wire. the power wire, then the fuse! fuse is always last!

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol I know the order! there was no fuse at all, because when his brother went to pull all the audio out of his totalled ranger, he probably forgot to grab that fuse, Dammit john!

Im going to find one today and just to be safe get a new amp fuse too, then it will be all good!