Need some help with customizing my Expy :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aliensarereal

Reaction score
Hey! I bought my baby, a Black 2006 Expy, in December, and have since completely redone the audio on the inside. I'm now working on the exterior lighting, and I could use someone's help on photo shopping certain head/tail lights to see how certain ones would look. Anyone interested? I'd greatly appreciate it! Shoot me an email at [email protected]!!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check out my page/photos for IPCW chrome LED tails and Spyder Halo/LED projector heads...i'll be upgrading to HID with the same heads

OP
OP
A

aliensarereal

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the cool site man! I like how you did the custom box in the back to work with the seats both up and down. Definitely a sweet ride. I just did almost the exact same thing to mine today. I put 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3's with a Rockford T600-4 Amplifier and Stinger 5-Farad Capacitor. The box is bolted to the flap behind the seats so it rolls with the seats moving.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why a 5-farad capacitor for 2 P3's...thats only 1000rms

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup i agree 5f is a little overkill, but not a bad thing at all. I do have to say i upgraded my battery to a gel batt and i dont have any "light dimming" issues without a cap even when i turn it all the way up and put the amp in protect, i told the dude at the battery shop (battery warehouse) what i was running and he hooked me up, my system runs about 800-1000 watts rms

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im pushing 800 rms to my 2 kicker CVRs...i upgraded my battery too...went dead from being deployed...eventually plan on upgrading my alternator from the stock 130 amp to 180 or 200 that i've seen on the internet

OP
OP
A

aliensarereal

Reaction score
Well I bought the 5-Farad a long time ago at a really good price for my Ford Explorer and kept it since then. I knew it could handle A LOT more than the 1,000w, but I figured since it still worked well and looked good that I'll put it in with the system haha. I'm trying to put a photo of the system on there, but apparently it's too big of a file.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eventually i'll go to the solo baric sub...12 or 15...