New 2020 from Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1000RR

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start things out right and introduce myself. Picked my wife up a 2020 Expedition... but maybe she'll let me drive it now and again. Longtime Ford fan and Ford owner. Her last vehicle was an F150 FX4. We were going to go after a Limited but stumbled upon this loaded up XLT and it had what we wanted including the big sunroof and captain's chairs in the 2nd row. Just finished up putting on the Yakima OffGrid Rack.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but thought I'd share anyway. I had a little rattle going on once I installed the roof rack. Tightened, retightened... nothing would help. Finally figure out that the center support pieces that attach to the roof and support the factory rail in the middle of the rail were causing the rattle/knocking sound. So I loosed the rear mounts of the factory rails and lifted them up just enough to slide a piece of rubber between the roof rail and the center support piece. No more rattles... solid as a rock.

...oh and had to put in the air horns that were previously installed on the FX4. In Florida - loud horns save lives (or make me chuckle every now and then).

20201127_124254.jpg