New Expedition Buyer or Repeat Buyer

Who Was Considering the 2017 Expy?

• The Gen 3 Expedition was my 2nd choice

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A non-Ford product was my 2nd choice

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm starting to suspect that a rather high percentage of Gen 4 Expedition buyers are actually folks who were not even considering a Gen 3 Expedition. So I'm curious: if you bought (or are still very much considering buying) a 2018, were you previously considering/cross shopping the 2017s or something else? Personally, I wasn't even considering the 2017s....

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was considering a refreshed 3rd gen before my purchase, but the price for how old it was didnt seem worth it. Was gonna do a mazda cx9, xc90, or pre owned gls if the 4th gen was "the same". Glad it wasn't.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never considered any previous gen Expi as I wasn’t a fan of the styling.

So according to a lot of people on here, that must mean I really like “minivan styling.” [emoji6]

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We originally looked at the 3rd gen expy and Navi but just a couple days after seeing both I read about the complete redesign and decided to wait. We are SO glad we waited. Having had a 3rd gen Navigator loaner after getting the 4th gen and seeing the improvements I would not be happy with the 3rd gen AT ALL. Sorry 4th gen haters, y’all crazy.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I owned a 2008 and had made up my mind to wait for the 2018 when I first learned of the redesign. The 2017's are/were available at great prices, but they don't offer that much advancement from a 2008. I'm retired, tow a trailer, and think I will receive a lot of benefit especially from the new technology that is available on the 18's. Currently waiting for my 2018 to get built and delivered.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2007 was acting up so I started looking for a newer used Expy 14-16. Could not find any without 150k or higher mileage. Found a new 2017 at dealership but it had captains chairs in second row which was a deal killer. Decided to check out a 2018 XLT for s&g. Once I had it in sport mode and punched it I was sold. No tow package, 4WD but no locking diffs, a like it alot. Now, my 2007 I didn't mind taking into the desert. My New 70k SUV will probably not go into the desert. Ended up also buying a used 99 Silverado 4x4 for any hardcore four wheelin' I need to do. So I got a 2fer

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Currently have my third Expedition on order, owned a 1998, 2008 and soon a2018, each ten year interval provided next generation truck.

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have had a Suburban/Yukon XL in one form or another since 1994. Gen IV got me into a Ford Store, will go with a Platnium Max, Bench, White on Black with Tow Package when I find one

Pop302

Reaction score
As my family grows, I needed something bigger than a qx50. I never considered domestics until the latest explorer. Car looked amazing on paper. That got me looking at the expedition.

I have a few more months left on my Infiniti lease, but once that’s up I think I’ll be tossed up between the expedition, Navi and qx80.. lease offers will play a big role in my decision

3rd gen expi was never in question and never will be. It just doesn’t measure up for what I need