New Expedition Buyer or Repeat Buyer

Who Was Considering the 2017 Expy?

• The Gen 3 Expedition was my 2nd choice

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A non-Ford product was my 2nd choice

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As my family grows, I needed something bigger than a qx50. I never considered domestics until the latest explorer. Car looked amazing on paper. That got me looking at the expedition.

I have a few more months left on my Infiniti lease, but once that’s up I think I’ll be tossed up between the expedition, Navi and qx80.. lease offers will play a big role in my decision

3rd gen expi was never in question and never will be. It just doesn’t measure up for what I need
This is pretty much the path we took as well. Liked the explorer until we saw the size of the third row, looked at 2017 expy and Navi and compared to the styling of the 17 explorer they just looked old and dated. So glad we did some more research because I think it was literally a couple days later the first images of the redesigns came out. It was a long wait but we’ll worth it.

Pop302

Reaction score
This is pretty much the path we took as well. Liked the explorer until we saw the size of the third row, looked at 2017 expy and Navi and compared to the styling of the 17 explorer they just looked old and dated. So glad we did some more research because I think it was literally a couple days later the first images of the redesigns came out. It was a long wait but we’ll worth it.

Which trim is your navi? I drove a reserve L... incredible car but 93k...

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is first Ford and first Expy for my Family.
Have had 4 Dodge Grand Caravans, a Dakota, and a Nissan Versa. Started looking last year for something that could tow better than the van., Looked at all the majors, didn't like the back seat of the GMC's, although was tempted by a Escelade. Drove the 2017 Expy (rental) for a weekend out of town hockey tourney, and did like it, but heard about the redesign, and was set on getting a vehicle with adaptive cruise, so waited for the 2018. So yea, had my eyes on the 2018 since it's reveal over a year ago..

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was a trip to Banff, Alberta, CA that did it for me. I rented a Plat 3rd Gen EL and the truck was awesome on the whole trip from tech, to power to capabilities. However the styling was eh, then heard about the redesign like 2-3 weeks after I go back and whoooa. Now just trying to find a dealer to work with us on price for FO.

Doug F

Reaction score
This is are 3rd Expy. The first one was a 02 or 03 Eddie Bauer, can't remember which. Just remember lifting out that 3rd row seat or putting it back in. What a pain that was. The second one 2010 Expy Limited. And now 2018 Limited

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hubby never considered a 3rd gen. My sister has one and my sister-in-law has a 2nd gen. Hubby wanted to upgrade from Explorer for size of our growing boys and since it is basically the interior size of a F150 + another row- it was a no-brainer. We have a 2018 F150 and he loves the 10-speed transmission- not to mention the redesign. We have 0 regrets to date.

Reaction score
I always drove GM, and drove Tahoe or Yukon for about 7 years. Found a 2010 Explorer in 2015 and loved the power 3rd row. Price was about 4K less than comparable Tahoe with same options. However, I'm glad I got the extended warranty. I used the heck out of it. In deciding weather to re-extend the warranty or buy a newer one, I ended up leasing an 18. I absolutely love it! They tried to put me in an Explorer, but once you've had a big one, it's hard to downsize [emoji6]

For now, being a single female, I think leasing a brand new vehicle and not having to worry about repairs is worth it for me.

Also, everywhere you look there is a newer model Tahoe or Yukon. I'm the only one in my town of about 50,000 that has one. First one off the lot February 28th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgudnason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got mine Dec 23, and still have yet to see another one in Calgary (i'm always looking).

Took a road trip out to Vancouver / Victoria a couple weeks ago, and saw one on the way, and two more while in Victoria (one in the Parking lot I was in. Staying at the Grand Pacific Hotel, the Expy is too big for their underground parking, so i suspect the other Expy was also a Hotel guest). But that's about it, still very rare. (and I still have yet to see another Platinum)
zma4hpBgxt42ze7vX0s9raA3NdxteacDCqoSsctE5FXqTF6P07omlqUlO20HpIq-EfKMaDIyWN0w7dojAxBjMwG8vIe70A80JqhXM6fX6A5FsFOQibUqxWPZ0SQRNmONAR_EZOR6lPYE4h0cuNni_MRvqDtrEdtc1mQH5Sxjyzwc6nGiAC7_TGuVG1wcTdja3fqw0TjXQnco5oaLUTwTKNKLFQB-m8qN2RZb1W4Q2Mzpz5Pfwwyw4mHvORxcyuUisWro-6qeJaJxxIo1nr76MuJMFWr34mCsOk8VOZD0AhepJeeZEk0zAuUP1Bdsdg__Aub_txPxUlrFiVUPuzRJmA3RT9BvvNv0ISCCc8J498LHpIn8h98nB56mx-CgvpCQRKubL_4l1I7GUj_LMzOecFN3PqbQZGzAI6DVcJ7jICJwjXmPc7Q01M1_3FMHgX7_v38AFFvQG8-6zX0t1B0hLlw11SA5rt3EzJBdk67i_WdRixWryPrp2l0GfR0SxEXCXIXrfY3sOHs6EudYQ6mnoIA98-F3aga_UMy8BE1h6y_0xXbrVKl5ERRAWjwQZBTJl012YGdWQFAwRPxdGYykZ_3QpKOqM3vm4TF6Rqk=w2540-h1270-no

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is are 3rd Expy. The first one was a 02 or 03 Eddie Bauer, can't remember which. Just remember lifting out that 3rd row seat or putting it back in. What a pain that was. The second one 2010 Expy Limited. And now 2018 Limited

I have an 03 EB and the seats fold flat. Your truck must have been an 02.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1