New Guy Alert! Looking for advice on possible Bilstein5100 and tire size for a 2022 exp max limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FBH7

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am moving from my truck to the 2022 Expedition Max as soon as it gets here in a few weeks due to my family size increasing! My wife has a 2021 exp max and I really like it so I picked one up that is on the way.

BUT….. I need to put lift it up a little with some larger tires so I am wondering if anyone else has put the bilstein 5100 all around on their 22 or even the readylift. I am going to be either keeping the stock 22s or swap with my wife and take her stock 20s… any idea on tire size?

I know there are a ton of posts about both of these options, but hoping someone may have photos of a stock wheel and tire size combo for a 22?

Again, I am new to the expedition life (not even there yet!) so sorry for asking another over asked question!
Hope everyone is doing well!

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a lift on my 22, but my 19 had the ReadyLIFT and I was able to fit 34x11.5s (285/70 R18) without any trimming or rubbing.

ReadyLIFT won't work on my current 22 since the Timberlines are factory leveled. Working with a company to see if the F-150 2" puck lift will work. Trying to figure out the bolt pattern for the rears and if they differ from anything on the fronts or F-150 kits.

HRE05

Reaction score
I picked up my wife’s XLT last week. I went with the ReadyLift leveling kit (3”F 2”R) and the Nitto Recon Grapplers (285/55/20). Plenty of room if you wanted to go larger. Very happy with how it rides and very minimal road noise with these tires.
4FC29A7B-4115-4941-850A-7EBF41D2BFD1.jpeg

OP
OP
FBH7

FBH7

Reaction score
looks great! Have you by chance measured the gap from tire to fender on front and back? @HRE05

I will be towing some, but prefer to have it as level as possible when not towing

Last edited:

HRE05

Reaction score
looks great! Have you by chance measured the gap from tire to fender on front and back? @HRE05

I will be towing some, but prefer to have it as level as possible when not towing
I haven’t but I can take some measurements tomorrow.