New headlight bulb recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wal92tt

Reaction score
We've had hid's from DDM Tuning on our two other vehicles and while they are very bright, they do not last long. Maybe a year..... It's a hassle returning them. You have to email DDM, wait for a RN#, then ship them out to them and wait for a replacement. This is all after they make you figure out if it's the bulb or ballast which has gone bad. The only way to figure this out is to disconnect everything and trouble shoot each bulb and ballast with each other. It's a tedious pain in the rear. After doing this a bunch of times, we now have a box of hid bulbs and ballasts for 3 vehicles sitting in the garage. I refuse to continue on with the insanity! I bought a good deal on SlickDeals on Sylvania bulbs, not sure which ones?
So be warned on the hids kits and their life span, and the return hassle.

P.S. I almost forgot to mention that you have to make sure to order a kit with high beams. I thought all bulbs came with high beam option and 1 set was simply low beam. When that set went bad, they refused to replace it with a high beam set. The replacements come direct from China, not DDM.