New here. New to ford. Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlwaltripsr22

Reaction score
Take care of it and it will take care of you and the family! New here as well first Expedition I owned was an 01 XLT 4.6! Was not a fan! Years later ended up getting a 2006 EB 5.4 and fell in love! I bought it used with no history! I put close to 200,000 miles on her and went through a lot! First thing I learned was about the lovely plugs, I was working offshore and rarely home so tried finding a shop to do a full tune up for me, no luck! So I called every dealership within a hundred miles around me to be told that they would change the front four plugs for a thousand dollars and would not touch the back four! Not one person would tell me why so I researched the issue myself and successfully changed them myself! Transmission went out at around 240k had it rebuilt! At around 265k miles and replacing the usual odd and end parts and feeling like I had a brand new EB that was really going on 12 years old I put myself in a position to have someone put something in my drink and that night I lost my 06 EB! Medics found me in the front seat with no seat belt and very much unresponsive! They brought me back on the way to the hospital! State police could not identify for sure what I was driving that night! Wasn't anything left of her! I now have the twin to my 06 EB but it's an 05 EB 5.4 and now learning the 05 issues! I've also ended up getting a 2003 XLT! My 05 currently has 319k miles and the 03 is close to 255k miles! Through the many headaches in the 03 to 06 models it is currently my favorite years! Plan to get a newer one eventually but slowly rebuilding the two I have making them new again! Hope to learn more from everyone and help out where I can!