New ignition lock cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graybeard

Reaction score
I swapped out a broken lock cylinder, now I have security blinking rapidly and no start but cranks.
Help!

Al95

Reaction score
You need to reprogram your keys to the new lock cylinder code. Check out YouTube videos for help.

OP
OP
G

Graybeard

Reaction score
All the videos I've seen tell me to get it coded at Ford. I would like to avoid all that.

OP
OP
G

Graybeard

Reaction score
I got impatient and dropped the tumblers out of the new cylinder so I could use the original key. Starts & runs fine now. Seems fitting for this old roach.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that's one way to keep a couple hundred in your jeans! Now you've got the extra Franklins to take the wife somewhere nice for Valentine's Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got impatient and dropped the tumblers out of the new cylinder so I could use the original key. Starts & runs fine now. Seems fitting for this old roach.

still can't start the truck without the key.

so the thieves can't steal it just by jamming a screwdriver or something of sort and turning the ignition.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trust me if they want your truck, they've got the tools/ keys to get anything. Every see a little movie called gone in 60 seconds.

Seven11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trust me if they want your truck, they've got the tools/ keys to get anything. Every see a little movie called gone in 60 seconds.

You watch too many movies. Not everybody is a professional car thief. Plus, I do not think any professional thief would take a 1998-2002 Ford Expedition, they aren't worth much. Most of the time, it's just people looking an opportunity to joyride. But you will have these joyriders specialize in a certain Make and Model of cars/trucks. So real car thieves and joyrider who specializes in Ford F150/Expeditions would take it even with all the tumblers in the ignition.

All i was saying, is that OP didn't make it any easier for an opportunity thief to take the car. Might even save him from getting his ignition destroyed.

Guess how I know. They tried and they tried. Didn't take it, though.

UrmrBK0.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'd be surprised what cars/trucks thieves steal. They actually prefer a older nondescript vehicle. My older brother got his beat up 1979 Toyota pickup stolen from the front of his house. Why a beat up truck? It was stolen by two escape inmates from a nearby prison. It was easy to Hotwire, non obtrusive to police. They found it in Arizona, 3 states away. And yes I do watch too much tv. I also spend too much time on my I phone, and this website. But that's another story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker