P0305 Misfire cylinder 5 continuing issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SCT X4 with 5 Star tune
So, do as many start cycles as you can. Also, Need to do a complete drive cycle several times. Engine and Cats must reach operating temps.

After that, you should not have any issues.

The Swagonmaster

Reaction score
It seems like you have tried doing some of what I would recommend but I'll go through my list. Try exchanging the spark plug with another one that is working properly, it no joy then do the same with a coil, always use a part that has just been working so that you can be sure that it is as good as you think it is. One other thing is a possible vacuum leak possibly at an injector seal, just like a bad plug or whatever it will miss at idle and smooth over with the engine at higher revs. To find that CAREFULLY spray some throttle body cleaner or brake cleaner in the area of the injector or whatever vacuum related thing is attached to the affected cylinder remembering that the stuff burns so don't start an engine fire! If there is a leak the engine speed will go up and the misfire will stop and don't fool yourself when the vapors go in the air intake and you see some results, this test only counts if the area right around the cylinder is sprayed a small amount and you see results. And as I think about it don't rule out the possibility of an injector messing up itself could be the issue. If you have access to a good scan tool like Forscan you can see if the in your case the left bank shows to be lean or rich and does it change when the engine speed is raised.

The Swagonmaster

Reaction score
One other thing I just thought of, is it a dead miss? As in no change when the injector wire is removed? There are cases where the rocker arm has come off and the valve isn't even opening.

OP
OP
NASCAR Mike

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The misfire is only at low speeds. Once you drive it runs smooth. Only at idle it misses.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani