new key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

civicduty

Reaction score
Im in need of a extra key made the problem is I only have one key currently. It is a 99 expedition eddie b. edition. Is there a way to get around this without taking it to the dealer and have them program an extar key in?

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
no you'll have to take it to the steeler to get the key done.
It takes both originals to make the copy work. sorry

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you don't have to take it to the dealership, call around and there are other key makers that will do it for half the price of the dealership. Call atleast 5 different places for qoutes.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by smo0othride
you don't have to take it to the dealership, call around and there are other key makers that will do it for half the price of the dealership. Call atleast 5 different places for qoutes.
My bad hes right

Comet

Reaction score
After you get one made (will be about $60) get a couple of EXPY blanks on EBAY for ~$20 and it easy to get them coded when you have two working keys.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you only have one key you have to go to the dealership to have the other key coded and then you will have to working keys and after that if you want to make more keys you dont have to take it back to the dealership. i want to say it is in the owners manual how to program a key if you have two working keys