new member and proud of it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotwheels2323

Reaction score
Hi to all my name is Brian, I just sold my 2004 fx4 f150 with the 3valve 5.4, and that truck left a really bad taste in my mouth. My dad and I have had blue oval blood running through our viens since I can remember, but even he can't believe the amount of issues with the newer f150's and expys. For what its worth for tou 3 valve guys I have a fix that works in your own garage for the plug change/broken plug situation. On a friday night I broke each plug loose and I mean an 8th of a turn maybe and snugged it back up and did this again staying in the 8th of a turn mark, then spray enough wd40 to get up to the hex portion of the plug. Then I killed the lights go have a fire a drink some beer. The next day I did the same thing going about a quater turn and left it over night. Sunday after noon every plug came out with now problem the wd40 disolved the carbon build up on the factory plugs with 193,000 on the ticker. I know this takes a little time but man I have heard 600$ to 1800$ for a dealer plug change, so to me it was worth it. Anyway this is my 2nd expy and I love it, and I am glad to be a member. I will try to get some pics up soon and I am going to need parts advice and used parts as well

00XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. What year Ex do you have? Any Mods?

OP
OP
H

hotwheels2323

Reaction score
The year is 1997 and it is completly stock as far as I know. It is an all black xlt with gray leather. I will get some pics posted later today, the only thing I've done so far is to change the head lights tail lights and 3rd brake light.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
gotcha. i used to drive through there all the time when i would go home on leave from chicago. my buddy lives in south bend so i would drop him off and head straight up the 31/131