New Member from Alberta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello to all;

Just joined the forum this morning, lots of good info on here I see.

I bought my first Expy this February. The family outgrew my wife's Explorer, so I traded it off on a 2013 Expedition Limited Max that my dealer found sitting at another dealership 350 miles away and brought in for me, saving me $9500.00 off what a 2014 would have cost (it's the least they could do after the screwing they gave me on my trade lol). Its White Platinum with black interior, and as far as I know it has pretty much every available option except the self-levelling rear suspension. I love the space it has and the way it rides and drives. The gas mileage was a little less than I was thinking it should be when we first got it, but I knew it wouldn't be great with 3.73 gears so not much of a shock. I did hope it would be comparable to my F150s but, I figured it IS heavier AND my trucks both have 3.55 gears, so all together not that upset about it. My wife on the other hand was VERY unimpressed by the dated looking dash and lack of the My Ford Touch that she had in the Explorer :( . She has gotten used to it and doesn't make comments about it anymore, so I guess she's accepted that she's gotta live with it, at least til it's paid for ;) . So far I've done the Gotts Mod (surprised me how much better the fuel economy got instantly!), had the dealer install a 3" Ready Lift levelling kit and 2.5" Ready Lift rear spacers & swapped the factory Pirelli's for 305/55R20 BFG All Terrains (not at all surprised how the fuel economy got instantly worse, lol). Next I'm thinking about a performance cat back exhaust (preferably dual) - any suggestions? Then maybe a CAI and SCT tuner with a custom tune from 5 Star Tuning, but that's a long way off yet I think. I'm also thinking about installing '15 Expy HID headlights and maybe a whole '15 front clip when parts become available - I really like the look of them :).

In addition to the Expy, I currently own a 2010 F150 XLT Super Crew 4x4, 5.4L and a 2013 F150 FX4 Super Crew 5.0L.

Past Fords owned: 1977 Granada 2 Door, 302 (my first car - man I loved that beast!); 2000 F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4, 4.6L; and the 2013 Explorer Limited 4x4, 3.5L that we traded on the Expy.

I owned a variety of Chrysler & GM vehicles before I came back to Ford, sure feels good to be back home. :)

Last edited:

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum sir

And nice to see another Alberta Oil redneck.

Spent lots of time in your neck of the woods myself back in the day. Don't do the field work anymore, have moved in to the office - still don't know if that was a good move or not...

OP
OP
AlbertaOilPatch
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
from what I could see that looks like a real nice clean truck. Look forward to better pics.

OP
OP
AlbertaOilPatch
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good cat back exhaust for a Gen 3 Expy? I want a nice deep throaty rumble, loud but not deafening if you know what I mean.

The original pic before I ruined it lol

After20.jpg

And one of my '13 F150, just cuz I love that truck

Finally_Lifted_.jpg

Last edited: