new member/winter truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
picked up a 2000 expeditions last night as a winter truck since I won't be able to drive my g8 in snow. truck has 135k miles an is in pretty good condition. anything I need to look for or check about these trucks. tranny fluid. rear diff. 4wd transfer case or anything else. also looking to lift the truck 3-4 inches. what's a cheap easy lift since I don't want to spend a lot since my other car is my pride and joy. thanks a lot guy looking forward to being part of the family

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

FLAWLEZZ RYDERZ VP VA 757 Chapter

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The lower rear trailing arms are always a problem on these trucks when they see winter. Make sure you check those to be sure they are still good metal and not rusting through. Otherwise if you want a cheap lift and don't have airbag suspension, buy a 3" spacer for the rear springs and crank the torsion bars. That gives you a couple inches in front. Easy lift and affordable.

OP
OP
J

joeyg8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Iv been searching everything all day. just wante a rat hand experience from someone that has done t already. thanks everyone