New owner, new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXAZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Stopping in to introduce myself, and hopefully make some friends and gain some knowledge. My name is Ty, and I currently reside in AZ, though I'm originally from TX. I'm a veteran, a firearms enthusiast and survivalist, a conservative constitutionalist, and a Christian. I am open minded and respect others points of view and am always willing to entertain or consider otherpoints of view through open debate and thought provoking conversation. I am a father of 4, and in the midst of a divorce, and I am currently the primary residential parent. I own an '02 EB Explorer (which will likely go to the Ex), and recently (yesterday, actually) purchased an '06 XLT Expedition. It is, as of now, bone stock. I do have intentions of making modifications to it as funding becomes available. I would like to share that process here with all of you, and also gather opinions and information from those of you who are well versed in the automotive world, as I have a rather limited knowledge base concerning this particular topic (automotive/mechanical). I hope that was enlightening, and I hope to meet some good people here. See you on the boards, God bless!

T.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
B

bedrck46

welcome Ty If you intend to do your own work I would suggest that you obtain a service manual One can be had on DVD from e-bay for about $10.00 Sellers name is morpheousking Its a ford workshop manual includes elect. prints and is much better than Clymer or Haynes and also less expensive Also get a good meter and test light as they also do come in handy

OP
OP
TXAZ

TXAZ

Reaction score
Appreciate the welcome, as well as the tip good sir. Honestly, the thought had crossed my mind, though I hadn't decided yet. My kids will be rising in the vehicle regularly, and so safety is of paramount concern. Being that I have limited knowledge on the subject, it is going to take some serious contemplation before i do make a decision regarding whether I trust my limited skill with it, or if I will pay the premium for quality, guaranteed work. Not entirely sure how complicated or intricate lifting a vehicle can be, depending on type.

T.

B

bedrck46

can understand you thoughts but consider this having a service manualwill make you better informed as to what the problem can involve and also gain you some knowledge about your expy so that you have an idea as to what the mechanic is talking about. Not bad for a $10.00 investment may save you more in the long run

OP
OP
TXAZ

TXAZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Daoud!

Bedrck - thanks for the advice. I will definitely pick up the DVD, regardless of whether I do the installation or have it done professionally.

Seems to be good people so far, looking forward to meeting more!

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum TXAZ. You've definitely come to the right place to get info on any kind of repairs or customizing you want to do to your expy. There's a vast amount of knowledge here between all the members so that usually helps with the anxiety of doing your own work on most things. Welcome again man and good luck with your rig.

Sent from my $amsung $III using Tapatalk

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site..
ask all the questions you want when comes to your Expy, this forum will help make decisions a little easier .

OP
OP
TXAZ

TXAZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Mike and Canadian! Good to know I chose the right forum for my plans.

Canadian, that's a good looking rig!

T.

B

bedrck46

Ok now its time to ask the Lord to train your hands and fingers to work on the Expy and the good people on this site will gladly assist.