New Rear Wiper Rotates Once then Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramjet69

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a "new to me" 2012 Expy LTD and the rear wiper and spitter wasn't working. The transmission was seized and had burned out the motor. I replaced the motor and the transmission and the new motor now rotates once then stops. I can hear the intermittent click (I assume from the relay) but the motor / transmission does not rotate. If I open the rear lift glass then close the glass it "resets" and the wiper will rotate one time again and then just the "relay click" with no wiper rotation.

I can replace the rear glass latch but I don't want to just part swap. Any ideas what may be going on?

TIA

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to site. Going to need to get a volt meter and check if motor is getting power. Can try switching relays with another one next to it. Does the control knob on turn signal arm operate correctly?

OP
OP
R

ramjet69

Reaction score
I'll test with voltmeter this afternoon but I do believe the control knob works properly as it will turn on and the rear spitter works now anytime I want it.