New style folding mirrors on 2004 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow96z

Reaction score
I wanted to install a set of the newer style Expedition / Navigator mirrors on my 2004 and I couldn't find any information out there on the fit or wiring so I felt the need to post my findings. The mirrors fit perfectly and the wire harness plugs directly into our factory door harness, but the defroster wire (green w/ purple trace) on the mirror needs to be moved to a different location in the harness and wires must be run for the turn signal (if you didn't already have it) and the folding function.

In the mirror harness the wires for the folding function are yellow and white and reverse polarity to fold the mirror in and out. They can be connected to a DPDT (double pole / double throw) polarity reversing momentary rocker switch (like a power window or lock switch) or you can do what I'm going to do and connect them to a timed relay that will fold them in when the ignition turns off and back out when it turns on. I ordered my relays from Ebay for less than $5 for both including shipping from China.

The turn signal wire is green and just has to be tied into the truck's turn signal wire - the circuit grounds through the mirror harness. On my truck the wires are Lt green / orange for the left and orange / lt blue for the right.

I really like the way these mirrors look on my Expedition and I hope this information helps out if others decide to do the same upgrade.

Last edited:

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to do this to my 04 expy.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That's some good info, I was planing on doing this myself, do you think they need to be expedition mirrors? Or will the F-150 ones will fit?

OP
OP
S

slow96z

Reaction score
My mirrors came from a friend that works at a junkyard. The are from a Navigator, but the newer style Expedition mirrors are the same. I was originally chasing F150 mirrors, but the shape of the door where the mirror meets it is different so they will not work. I don't know if you can take an F150 mirror and mount it onto an Expedition base. If that can be done then F150 mirrors should work, but I don't know for sure.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Navigators are expedition luxury model...same everything...looks good...I took the clear lense turn signal from navigator

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)