new sub idea!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i was going to do 2 15" cvx! and now that i measured the space behind my 3rd row i know what i want. i always wanted 4 subs but wanted to keep my 3rd row and be functional with the top of the box so i can put crap on it still. like my premade box for my cvr. and now that i said what i wanted the box to be like this is what im going to be making. 4 8" kicker L7s. o yeah! haha i want to be unique. my friend is in the hospital after his surgery and hes bored and said he would build the box on his computer first for me. haha but its going to be about 4.2 cf. a little bigger then it should be. i might make it a little smaller to make it an even 4 cf like it says on kickers website. im thinking 2 subs on the left 2 subs on the right and the ports in the middle. how would that be? any ideas are welcome. something like this. L7L7 ll L7L7. in a hatchback box so its flush with my back seat and a groove for the 3rd row remover. i think i'll keep the 4.2cf cause of all the supports and grooves i have to make. again any ideas are welcome. o and amp. kicker 2500. for now. maybe ill do 2 kicker 1500. but who knows.

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my cousin changed my mind. now im thinking 2 JL W6s. same price and air space but 2 12s. haha still want kicker amp though!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wonder if you have the same dimensions as i do in my 04...

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah thats why im going to be tinkering with my box idea. im torn between 4 8s L7s or 2 12 W6s. but they both use the same size box that i made on my paper and online calculator. and i think the back might be the same but yours is more flat cause my 3rd row has to be taken out while yours can fold down. but the size im thinking is the bottom 15" face where the subs are 15" top 10" and width 53". cause it is a hatch back box. the back is slanted. and ports either on the face or the sides. not sure yet. what do you all think?

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so just an update on my current system. i had some "4 gauge" cable, really 8 gauge wire laying around so i said screw it and i hooked up my system back. i guess from 10 to 8 gauge makes a big difference cause my sub hits harder and tighter now. and i havent changed my box. but as for that future box i still dont know what subs but as for the box is it a good idea to have the ports firing up? like the subs facing the rear and ports on top?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the wires...your getting more power current running through...so the amp is getting fed and passing the blessings to the subs...i found a MA Audio dual 15 on ebay for $277...2000rms...and HK4000 mono amp for $400+...that would be all i would need for ever...i would have to go sealed at 3. cu ft cuz i too use the back and 3rd row seats time to time...vented is 5. cu ft...cant loose that much space yet...now im jus looking for 6.5 or 6.75 or 6x8 components...probably MA Audio as well and another amp to push those...

what yall think?

OP
OP
panda24619

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so now i have no bass again. :( listening to Hand Clap and if you ever herd that song its bassy. but it was playing fine and then no bass! it wasnt even loud so i did the basics. see if its in protect mode. nope. fuse good yup... the leds on the amp were lit up but i checked anyways. and the sub wasnt blown... so far im not sure yet. im gonna hook it up to my surround sound in the living room and just make sure. but i did take a volt meter to the terminals and i have power but no voltage coming from the output terminals to the sub. any ideas? i think i just might upgrade to the other crunch audio amp i wanted. haha but i WAS going to give this amp to my gf when i upgrades but i guess not now. :(

starbuck478

Reaction score
your system idea sounds sick panda as far as the ports go my last system i had one of my boxes port pointed directly towards the trunk hatch and it definitely made the car shake. im in the process of a complete system overhaul now though where im tearing up everything including my 3rd row of seats to install 2 kicker 15" L7's (2 ohm) with a 15k cap and kicker zx2500.1 amp hopefully it will give me the extreme bass im lookin for haha

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman