New Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would not have sold that Excursion. We had a 2001 that we bought new. Sold it in 2015. Bad move. Wish I still had it...

ElectrifyCLT

Reaction score
It was finally time to sell the best SUV ever built to move people and tow at the same time, 2002 Excursion Limited 7.3l. Everyone always fit. Everything always fit. Everything in front of it was never a problem for it to go over. Sometimes it wouldn’t fit parking places, but it was always easy to find (or make, hehe) space. We road-tripped with a travel trailer, 6 people and 2 dogs through northern CA on HWY1 last year and it was easy and fun.
View attachment 78115

Enough said about Beatrice.
New ride is a MY22 Timberline. It was a Covid car that I got a SMOKING deal w/ barely any feature delete. Immediately ordered up WeatherTech mats (5 kids 2 dogs), car seat protectors (5 kids 2 dogs), seat back protectors (5 kids 2 dogs), and a Yakima EXO setup (did I mention 5 kids 2 dogs PLUS former Excursion owner?) all coming today through next week.

I’m stoked on all the features, which are somehow more abundant than on our MY21 MachE, but the sync screen is still on old interface which is only a minor bummer. I’m looking forward to testing capabilities soon, and I’ll keep y’all posted on experiences.

Meet Bernice!
View attachment 78116

_Nic_

Welcome! I have the exact same garage as you now. Sync4A convergence is coming. I’ve already gotten the “coming soon” email we got on our Mach-E’s earlier this year.

OP
OP
Mack444

Mack444

Reaction score
I would not have sold that Excursion. We had a 2001 that we bought new. Sold it in 2015. Bad move. Wish I still had it...
Hmm…your comment seems contrary to your historical decision making, lol! I would have loved for the Excursion to still be viable for my family, but taking time away from the long list of experiences to care for the old broad became a detractor. Like I said before, I’m staying optimistic of my new Expedition life. Plus, this kind of brings things full circle for me: 1992 Bronco, 2002 Excursion, 2022 Expedition.

OP
OP
Mack444

Mack444

Reaction score
Welcome! I have the exact same garage as you now. Sync4A convergence is coming. I’ve already gotten the “coming soon” email we got on our Mach-E’s earlier this year.
Yes…I remember the “Good things are coming!” message without a timeline. Maybe FoMoCo has refined their rollout process? Hope so!

KetMalice

Reaction score
Sorry you bought a new timberline. 1 year in I have a new engine, new transmission, almost every electrical component replaced. This is a new one for this week, the headliner fasteners snapped and my headliner fell down. Good luck and god speed.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry you bought a new timberline. 1 year in I have a new engine, new transmission, almost every electrical component replaced. This is a new one for this week, the headliner fasteners snapped and my headliner fell down. Good luck and god speed.

Seems hard to believe. Can you post invoices so we can see.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I might be inclined to believe it. A recent j.d. power study was just released that showed only two brands had more problems per 100 vehicles than Ford/lincoln, over 3yrs of ownership starting in 2020. In the top four were Land Rover, Lincoln, Audi, and Ford. Funny enough, the almighty tesla was 5th. Granted, most of the issues deal with infotainment and electrical, but tons of reports of mechanical issues among these brands with lots of repeat offenses if you will. I'm glad I have a pre-pandemic model, I don't think I would have bought one after that, just my .02.

KetMalice

Reaction score

This is the only one I have just because it was emailed to me.

Attachments

• IMG_8453.jpeg
    IMG_8453.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8454.jpeg
    IMG_8454.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8455.jpeg
    IMG_8455.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8456.jpeg
    IMG_8456.jpeg