New Toys comin...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so finally broke down and ordered a Dual Action Buffer.... went through autogeek.com and got a sweet package....

http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html

I got 2 orange, 2 White, and 1 gray pad plus the 2 free red pads.... and found the code "ago" and got free shipping.... so total was 199.99... the "f150" code for 10% off and free shipping didn't work...

also found on clearance at wallyworld... meguiars Ultimate Compound $4.85, ScratchX $5.95, an ultimate polish $5.95.... just need a good wax probably use NXT2.0.... now just need spring to get here... forecast is 50 by wed in NNY... but I'll probably wait till closer to may to work on expy's paint....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o nice. i like turtle wax liguid on my expo. works great with my $15 buffer i got at oreilys. just a big 2 handed one. i think its a little extra trouble, but she comes out smoother then fresh glass and looking like a mirror so im happy. o does anyone do the roof? i only do the edge.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Meguiars spray wax for the roof! Just enough for it not to oxidize fade and crack the paint! If you have subs i def reccomend waxing the roof at least 3 times a year to avoid cracks, when you play them with the windows up the roof will flex and if the paint is brittle then it will crack which eads to rust then headliner leaking....... Moral of the story put some wax on the roof!

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I wax my roof... everyone should... I just want my porter cable buffer to get here... gonna do a full detail and paint the tan and frame.....

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 cheap orbital buffers but they can't compete with a DA buffer... would love to go to a rotary buffer but then I am scared of burning the paint... so I'll go half way to the DA and start paint correction... then gonna use the meguires fiberglass restorer kit on my boat this spring if I have time

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so just spray wax? ill do that next time. i know she needs its waxed up there.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wax the roof with a buffer... I do mine every spring... have to drag out a ladder but it gets done

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
woo hoo... checked tracking... they are in syracuse and heading my way tomorrow... then need a nice day and gonna do me some paint correcting.... i'll make sure to get some before and after... that way if i mess up... everyone can have a good laugh

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats good. so i should just at least wax the top? i might get me some new step bars off craigslist but hes far for me. north county. about 30 mins at 11 mpg. a little far. but for $80 not a bad deal. im just so crammed for time i dont have much time to get up there. but after the rain this weekend im going to wash her. remove some old stickers that are pealing and put new ones on and she gets a wax.

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I wax my roof at least once a year.... but for steps check out ebay... that is were I got mine for about 100$ shipped... I don't like steps but my short wife needs em...lol

as for my PC 7424XP... it is here!!!! now just need it to warm up then start the full detail from wash, clay bar, paint correction and wax.... then gonna paint the tan.. still high 40s but wind is crazy cold today.... but warm weather is around the corner for us northern NYers