Next Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epic Dad

Reaction score
Should I black out the chrome on the running boards? It’s the only chrome I’m thinking about doing. I like it and all the rest of the chrome but I thought it might make the rest of the side look extra sick with only having the middle chrome accent. I would still keep the roof rack chrome though unless I swap it out for a new rack.754BBD35-CEE2-424E-88DA-E2948C6B5F79.jpeg

Rednecked

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice ride!! I have the same but in white. What lift do you have? Wheel combo?

I did the chrome delete on the running boards I’ll try to find a picture.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess that's a part of the platinum package. I'd leave it if you aren't going to do the rest of the chrome too. It's part of what makes that package special, and then you'd almost just look like a plain old limited. If it were me, I'd black it all out but that's because I have a special hatred for chrome. I'm quite happy I did the beltline on my limited, but that's a lot of chrome you'd have to do on yours to do it all.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With tires like that and no mud flaps, its going to chip the paint right off it anyway. It'll just have chrome showing thru then.
There is chrome on the wheels, so the extra chrome fits.

Did you sell your factory platinum wheels?

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the contrast looks good on a dark color like yours. The wheels look great.
Our Max Limited is white & I'd like to look into darkening some of the exterior chrome.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should I black out the chrome on the running boards? It’s the only chrome I’m thinking about doing. I like it and all the rest of the chrome but I thought it might make the rest of the side look extra sick with only having the middle chrome accent. I would still keep the roof rack chrome though unless I swap it out for a new rack.View attachment 75565
I like everything about it. Keep it like that!

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should I black out the chrome on the running boards? It’s the only chrome I’m thinking about doing. I like it and all the rest of the chrome but I thought it might make the rest of the side look extra sick with only having the middle chrome accent. I would still keep the roof rack chrome though unless I swap it out for a new rack.
I agree with 2020FordRaptor - the combination of all the horizontal chrome lines looks good on this vehicle. The running board, beltline under the windows, roof rack, and even door handles fit together. Take a look at the SPP photos in black and all the comments from owners that have blacked out (or want to) that belt line because of how out of place it looks on that package.