Next set of tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loulblades

Reaction score
My 2018 Max Limited came with 20" wheels then I added the 2"-3" lift package.

During winter months I run in the back woods/strip mines of Western PA where I see frozen and/or snowy and/or muddy roads so I decided to get some 18" wheels to provide a little more sidewall.
I put Pirelli Scorpion ATPs on (my tire guy said they are considered yuppy off road tires, I responded I am putting them on yuppy SUV) and they did pretty decently, although I did need to
back out of a few muddy spots but never required assistance.

This past summer I put the 20" wheels back on with Cooper Discover HT3 275/65-20 to get a couple inches of diameter and take advantage of the lift. There is plenty of room except at the
bottom front of the inside rear fenderwell where there is only about an inch of clearance. I have been on back roads pulling my 16' trailer with my tractor on and have not heard or
seen any indication of scraping.

So now it am replacing the Pirellis this month before heading to the woods and am looking for recommendations. I would like the larger diameter tire with somewhat more aggressive tread
but am concerned the side lugs might be an issue on the proximity of the inside fenderwell I mention so I am looking at a slightly skinnier tire. Ideally I am thinking a 265/75-18 but I am
having trouble finding it so I would go for a 265/70-18 which is readily available.

Currently I am looking at the Mastercraft Courser CXT but I am here providing all this background to get recommendations.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Lou

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2018 Max Limited came with 20" wheels then I added the 2"-3" lift package.

During winter months I run in the back woods/strip mines of Western PA where I see frozen and/or snowy and/or muddy roads so I decided to get some 18" wheels to provide a little more sidewall.
I put Pirelli Scorpion ATPs on (my tire guy said they are considered yuppy off road tires, I responded I am putting them on yuppy SUV) and they did pretty decently, although I did need to
back out of a few muddy spots but never required assistance.

This past summer I put the 20" wheels back on with Cooper Discover HT3 275/65-20 to get a couple inches of diameter and take advantage of the lift. There is plenty of room except at the
bottom front of the inside rear fenderwell where there is only about an inch of clearance. I have been on back roads pulling my 16' trailer with my tractor on and have not heard or
seen any indication of scraping.

So now it am replacing the Pirellis this month before heading to the woods and am looking for recommendations. I would like the larger diameter tire with somewhat more aggressive tread
but am concerned the side lugs might be an issue on the proximity of the inside fenderwell I mention so I am looking at a slightly skinnier tire. Ideally I am thinking a 265/75-18 but I am
having trouble finding it so I would go for a 265/70-18 which is readily available.

Currently I am looking at the Mastercraft Courser CXT but I am here providing all this background to get recommendations.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Lou
If you want the best All Tsrrain Tire, the BFG K02 is the best.