no ac power to compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for power at the low side switch with climate system set on ac. If you still have power at the switch run a jumper to the compressor plug then see if the clutch operstes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
I have power at low side switch, I jumped the plug at low side switch and got no clutch operation or power at hot side of comp plug.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Run a jumper wire from the hot side of the low pressure switch to the hot side of the compressor plug. This will bypass that section of the harness that supplies power to the compressor. You are hot wiring the compressor this way.

OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
Yes, Thanks Stamp, I don't Know why I haven't tried that already. The print Bedrck supplied shows gray/white wire going to batt. connection box then to clutch doe's it go to a relay in the box?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Power flows from the battery junction box to the wide open throttle relay. From there it goes to the a/c clutch diode but also branches to the a/c compressor clutch then to ground.

OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
Back again , just an update, I have been having health problems, mostly treated and addressed. I found a broken wire in harness to compressor. I fixed that and by jumping low side switch got compressor to run . No pressure in system. Was working last season but comp. was noisy. Thanks for all the help, got me on right path. Now to address why no gas . will vac. down system to start.

OP
OP
F

Fila571

Reaction score
Hi, all. Just updating post. I pulled a vac on system. and charged with some dye . blowing cold for now. Thanks for your help Stamp and Bedrck.