No Forward Gears - just reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRYMY231

Reaction score
It started with a 107 lean code. The truck ran fine so I ignored it. Then one day from a stop if you gave the truck normal throttle it would start to go and then it would shift real hard and accelerate normally. The truck drove fine as long as you didn't have to come to a complete stop. Even then if you let it roll before hitting the gas it would be fine. So I got the car home and found a vacuum leak just after the MAF. I fixed that and then noticed my conical filter had fallen off so there was potential for debris to get into the engine. Buttoned all that up and the car ran fine for the test drive.

The next morning on the way to work it felt weird so I asked the old lady to park it and I'd take the train. Of course she couldn't not go to her moms that day so she took the truck. I get a call at work that the truck is screwed. I get there and now on the ride home it takes a ton of gas to get it going. I got it home and cleaned the mass air and the TPS sensor connections. I also forgot that the tps isn't really a sensor so I took it off the t/b but then realized I didn't need to do that and bolted it right back. The power on the battery terminal was corroded badly so I cleaned that as well. Went to fire her up and nothing. So I charged the battery for a couple of hours and still nothing. Replaced the battery and the truck fired right up.

Went to go for a test drive and it takes a ton of gas to get it rolling. Reverse feels fine. When I drop the truck into gear you can't feel it engaging until reverse. Is this my trans or hopefully some kind of sensor or solenoid?

Thanks in advance from a forum newb,
Nick

Last edited:

Dom neufer

Reaction score
Sounds like front drive clutches in the tranny...BUT I had this problem like a month ago there and leads of wires going from the left side of your motor bay down along the side of the frame is any of those pin up clips are broken those wires will fall on your exhaust and cause a short....good way to check for this problem put your truck in 1st manually from the column and it drives fine look for the burnt part of the wire bundle take take the sheilding off it either cut and splice or tape it...and replace the fuse that you blown i bleieve its a 10 amp under the hood.