no horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hookem57

Reaction score
I have no horn when the ignition is in the off position, on position. No panic on the key fob. But the horn works when the vehicle is running. Anyone have a clue? Thanks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fuse or wiring short...replace the batter in the key fob

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The signal for the horn goes thru the central security module. Check the following fuses in the central junction box under dash. Fuse #29.
In the battery junction box under hood. Fuse #6, 7 and 8.

Check the fuses with a meter not your eyes

OP
OP
hookem57

hookem57

Reaction score
OK thanks for that answer, I checked those fuses and everything is fine. When I press the horn button or the panic button on the key fob I can hear a dull thunking noise inside the dash. Is there a relay located there.? I'm guessing the relay has a running side and a passive side.

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the horn and cruise control are on the same fuse. If your cruise isn't working either, it may be the fuse. My LO horn crapped out and I picked up one from the wrecking yard, installed it and it blew the fuse... that's how I know it's all tied together. Picked up a new one (oem) on ebay and problem solved. Sounds like a truck horn again and not a VW (HI horn only).

OP
OP
hookem57

hookem57

Reaction score
No, the cruise works fine. Yesterday I ordered the Ford factory shop manuals on ebay for a really decent price. They are also throwing in the wiring book too. So maybe I can help someone out here in a few days.