No power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sams76

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Ford expedition, platinum E, L, and I have no power no crank no anything and the battery is fully charged. I’ve taken off the two little fuses that are actually on the post of the positive side. I have power to the fuse box , does anybody have any suggestions?

Nitro_Alltrac

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if there is power at the starter and at the solenoid?

I'd check these two places first. That will give you more to go on for troubleshooting.

OP
OP
S

sams76

Reaction score
Power to the solenoid, power to the starter. Just no lights no anything it’s like the battery is dead. absolutely no electronics no start no lights no nothing.

Nitro_Alltrac

Reaction score
So you don't have any dash lights or anything? Does the dome light come on when you open the door?

If you have power at the starter & the fuse block, you're going to have to trace out from there. You really need a wiring diagram.

There's a set of only repair manuals here on the site. It might have the wiring diagrams in it. You need to see how the power flows from the battery.

One other thing, check the continuity on the negative battery cable. You could have a bad main ground.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
VOLTAGE DROP TEST the battery cables. Have the battery checked and load tested at a auto parts store.
You can't diagnose/fix anything until you have good voltage. Otherwise you are chasing your tail for nothing.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here you go, now note, as I had stated in the forum, the wire colors DO NOT match up to my 2017 Expedition EL XLT. Nearly 80% of the wires I needed did not match in color - the connectors are correct, but the pinouts of the connectors I would not trust. But if you are just using this for service work, not electrical, you should be good to go.

Here is a link to the manual that I have or I can email it to you. Manual Link

Dave845

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Ford expedition, platinum E, L, and I have no power no crank no anything and the battery is fully charged. I’ve taken off the two little fuses that are actually on the post of the positive side. I have power to the fuse box , does anybody have any suggestions?
Hello did you resolve your issue as I have exactly the same issue now 12/15/23