Noise when accelerating/breaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riggs Brown

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a quick humming/vibration/friction noise when initially coming out of park/pressing on the gas, or starting to slow down? It is driving me crazy, but the dealership is not near my home, so I have yet to take it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Riggs Brown

Riggs Brown

Reaction score
Appreciate it, does this also apply to 2WD vehicles? (Mine is 2018 Expedition Limited 2WD)

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Appreciate it, does this also apply to 2WD vehicles? (Mine is 2018 Expedition Limited 2WD)
I don't think so as this issue involves the hub that actuates the 4WD. If you have a 2WD, you likely have a different issue...unfortunately.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance it's as simple as rusty brake rotors or a sticking caliper? It wasn't clear from your post if the brakes were being used when the noise is present.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it loud enough to be recorded? You can use your cell phone and post it here.

OP
OP
Riggs Brown

Riggs Brown

Reaction score
Any chance it's as simple as rusty brake rotors or a sticking caliper? It wasn't clear from your post if the brakes were being used when the noise is present.
I don’t think so because I can simply put it in park or reverse, and before I release the break it still makes that sound.

Also, I stuck my head out the window to try to hear where it was coming from and it seems to be coming from the rear end of the vehicle.

Last edited: