Not Coming Out of Park 2019 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GenSuper

Reaction score
Anyone had an issue with not being able to get out of park (with the engine running of course)?

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven’t (knock on wood) but are you stuck and need to drive? There is an over ride that you’ll need a screwdriver to activate to get out of Park in the center console. Does the Park LED light up on the trans knob when this happens?

OP
OP
G

GenSuper

Reaction score
Happened to my wife yesterday. Not sure if the Park LED lit up or not. She called me, I went through all the things I thought she should do but none of them worked. She said she moved the seat around and all of a sudden it worked, which sounds fishy to me. Used it last night after work, no issues. Where in the center console is the override?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the key still in the vehicle? Was the key near or in a metal object? Maybe the key battery is low. Mine won’t go into gear without the key in the vehicle. If somehow the signal was blocked or weak it could cause this situation. Also below the drivers front cupholder, there is a key reader for when the key’s battery is dead. If it happens again, she could drop the key in there. Were there any messages on the screen?

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here’s a picture from the owners manual. The car has to be started and make sure hold the brake or have the parking brake on when you do it since it will take off or roll away once out of Park.

1639245491334.png1639245491334.png

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes. It happened to mine twice: once while my wife was in line to pick up the kids from school (which delayed the busses for over 5 minutes) and once while I was on a boat ramp launching my boat (tying up the ramp for nearly 10 minutes). Those happened within a week of each other.

There was a software update that was done at the dealer and it hasn't done it since.

bill_b

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has done this twice now within the last 3 weeks... both times I've had to turn the vehicle off then turn it back on and drive would engage.

Tmg115

Reaction score
Here’s a picture from the owners manual. The car has to be started and make sure hold the brake or have the parking brake on when you do it since it will take off or roll away once out of Park.

View attachment 71316View attachment 71316
Is this the only overide?

Most vehicles had a manual lever you pull that does not require the vehicle to be running to get it in neutral.

OP
OP
G

GenSuper

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics but they seem to be of a different year Expy. Mine is a 2019 and the cup holders run oriented from front to back, not side to side as shown.

Not sure what she may have done in the long run. Sometimes people do things they don’t know they did and when they tell you what happens, that doesn’t enter into the conversation. Being old farts, makes it even worse. Appreciate all the input.

Knut

Reaction score
The picture is of the center console looking from the rear seats. Side by side cup holders on top, the front to back is in front of the console.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker