Now I really need help.... Clock spring issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Am3gross

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I ordered the part online, 2 days shipping.... 100 bucks...

I take the steering column apart... About 15 minutes, to include removing the airbag....with no issues..

The part that was sent to me was no where close to the part in the truck...

So I called around to all the parts stores in my city.... No one carries it... So I go to the dorman website... Which is the company that made the wrong part that got sent to me... They don't carry it... I can not find this part on the Internet except for ebay, and I don't want to buy used if I don't have to... If I buy used I would just go to the junk yard... So with all that being said, I challenge all of you to a hunt... Find me the right part number!

Here is the part number that is on the bad clock spring in my truck,

2L1T-14A664-AE

This is the wrong part number that was sent to me 525-213 made by dorman..

Here is some info about the truck, 2003 expedition Eddie Bauer, 4.6liter with cruise...

Help me!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seeing that it isn't in stock on any of the Ford Parts sites I expect one of two things.
1) Not produced any longer
2) Updated part number and dealer only item

If I get a chance I'll talk to the Ford Dealer we use tomorrow and see what your options are.

This is a ball buster, may have a new number since they show 2 after searching online for "14S664-AE"...

http://www.clockspring-ivok.com/ind...product&filter_name=14A664-AE&product_id=3094

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Am3gross

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And also thanks stamp for all the help, it has been much appreciated!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The part your looking for is 5L1Z-14A664A. Lists for $103.
Brought to you by my local Ford Dealer that I use....

OP
OP
A

Am3gross

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The part your looking for is 5L1Z-14A664A. Lists for $103.
Brought to you by my local Ford Dealer that I use....

Yep! I called around this morning to the only ford parts dept open, one in stock... Had to drive over an hour to get it.. But at least I got lunch out of it... Will be doing the install in a few... I really hope this works and fixes that damn airbag light!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you go probing the contacts with a dvm, remember the airbag...
The manual for a Saab Turbo I used to own warned about setting off the airbags with a dvm, so I don't play around with them.

How did you get lunch out of getting the part? Burgers and weenies at the dealer?