O2 Sensor Replacement with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
was your sputtering under hard acceleration? I went to class once from from car quest auto parts and they talked about O-2 systems...and how that they should be replaced at or around 50k in order to keep accurate readings...

OP
OP
S

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
was your sputtering under hard acceleration? I went to class once from from car quest auto parts and they talked about O-2 systems...and how that they should be replaced at or around 50k in order to keep accurate readings...

It was sputtering all over the board, hard acceleration just cruising and even just idling it was acting weird. The biggest problem I had was that it was so intermittent that I wouldn't throw a CEL. After about a week of driving I finally did and was able to figure out the problem.

you can see how bad it was in the picture so 50K might be true.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn, i was hoping you would say alot more miles lol i have 76k on mine. it runs very smooth no codes..ect but they say the o2s fail slowly over time and it effects performance but you dont notice it because its a slow degrade.

OP
OP
S

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on the first page i am holding the new and the old side by side.. you can see how worn the old one is

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
How does it run Now?....one more question...it looks like you got new pipe...where did you find the fitting that the O-2 threads into?