Off road package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just found out my 07 expedition could have come with an off road package. Does anyone know what that was and what was in the package? It does have 4x4 but I feel like that couldn't have been all the package was.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
According to the 2007 sales brochure, the "Off road package" was available only on the XLT trim with 4x4 powertrain option.

The package had skid plates (engine, fuel tank and transfer case) and tubular step bars.

It required you also buy the "XLT Comfort Group" which had auxiliary climate controls, roof rack, overhead console, 2nd row map lights, and sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My xlt definitely doesn't have all that stuff, but that explains some of the random wiring I've found in my vehicle.

OP
OP
L

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish mine had skid plates when I bought it, took it off roading and scraped the bottom. There's a little dent in my oil pan ever since.