Okay... Looking to discuss HIGH MILEAGE 33"-35" LT All-terrains and Mud-terrains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
So far, I've run Cooper STT PROs and currently, Mastercraft Courser MXTs, both in a LT285/70R17 run between 55-75lbs psi.

I'm noticing less millage from the Mastercrafts as well as less crisp handling. I also don't feel as confident in the rain with the Mastercraft's like I did the STT PROs. Even with ~500lbs in gear onboard all the time. I plan on going to a LT315/70R17 with my next set.

(Note: Aftermarket Hellwig rear anti-sway installed along with all poly bushings front/rear)

What are y'all finding?

Manufacturer:
Size:
Handling:
Tread wear/life:
Handling in rain (puddled water):
Handling in dry:
Price point:

Expy mostly empty or with gear onboard and how much approximate weight in gear?

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yokohama Geolander A/T is the most aggressive tire I have used to date.
I had 35k miles on a set when I sold my Explorer and they still had tons of tread.
I have them on my Silverado with about 20k and they still have tons of tread.

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2s will likely be my next set on the Expedition with 33s and I hear about 40k is what one should expect.

Been reading up on Nitto Ridge Grapplers and folks are claiming over 50k miles. I am having trouble with those claims. Have yet to meet anyone personally with that sort of mileage on them.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
Been reading up on Nitto Ridge Grapplers and folks are claiming over 50k miles. I am having trouble with those claims. Have yet to meet anyone personally with that sort of mileage on them.

I've been seeing the same and am wanting to get the most miles for the buck. Tires in this size are expensive and maximizing miles is the goal of the data gathering from this post.

Also this from Four Wheeler Network, Off Road Magazine posted in How To on September 1, 2009

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/0909or-long-term-off-road-tire-test-updates/

"Hankook Dynapro MT
Size Tested:
37x12.50 R17
Wheel Used: 17x8.5 GT Wheels
Tested On: 2001 H1 Hummer
Thoughts After Extended use: We first paid attention to the Dynapro MT from Hankook when they came out a few years ago. We looked into them, found out that many sizes have an amazing capacity for weight, and put them on the heaviest vehicle we had at our disposal, an H1 Hummer. Simply put, they were very versatile. Dirt, sand, highway, rocks...they ate up terrain and held up admirably. The H1's owner tells us that they're his favorite tires he's mounted on the Hummer yet.
Get Them For: Heavy vehicles. We understand if you feel squeamish mounting mud tires on your HD truck, but these Dynapro MT's are built to take on weight and abuse, all while maintaining a decent road ride."

Thank you for your feedback Black.

Last edited:

Grover6

Reaction score
I have been running the KO2's for the last 60000 kms. Still measuring at 11/32 all around. On my 16, in 285/55/20 size. Seems to me to be much better than the first gen KO's. I expect to get close t 100,000 kms. Unless something really weird happens. Rotate every oil change.

TxOutlaw

Reaction score
Ive got 80K or more on Toyo AT 34" tires and still a bit of tread... LT 10ply E rated tire... Warrantied 65K but easily can get 80K! Not one patch or plug either! That's all I ever buy... Although I did snag a set of new raptor take offs with BFGs for the F150!

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been running Cooper ATP tires in LT270/75/18 load range E for about 18 months (probably 25k miles).

Good tire. Nothing spectacular. Took a gash in the sidewall while on Black Bear Pass (sharp granite rock) into the sidewall and didn’t puncture. Snow performance is OK. They might be a little loud on the highway depending on what kind of pavement.

Wear seems to be good. I do 5 tire rotations so that helps.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BFG KO2's cost about 1 mpg and ride kinda rough and loud, but last forever even unrotated unless your alignment is out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire