Only Drivers Window Switch works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stanger4Life

Reaction score
Hello,

Ultimately I'm going to have to do some work at pull at the voltmeter and do some testing, but has anyone had this happen where you can only roll the windows down with the driver switch? This is with the window lock in the unlocked position. My guess is that it has something to do with the window lock wiring. I tried a new driver side switch but that didn't fix it. The passenger door you can use the lock button but not the window. The back doors don't work at all. I did notice that the lights are not on the window buttons, making me believe the power supply to the switches have been shut off somewhere.

Anybody have any ideas what to look for or do? I looked at the wires going through the door and it didn't show any real breaks in the wiring.

I have a 2005 XLT 4WD

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The led lights and each window control switch is fed power from the master lock switch on the driver door. Check the operation of the lock switch for power at the connector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stanger4Life

Reaction score
The led lights and each window control switch is fed power from the master lock switch on the driver door. Check the operation of the lock switch for power at the connector.

Do you happen to know where I can get a wiring diagram for this? I'm guessing I'm going to have to go trace the wires. I'll plan to check power at the lock switch, that would make the most sense for for what's going on.

Grizly

Reaction score
window switches

When our 92 TC was about 7-8 yrs old switches, some, dint work. My tow company friend said, " check for corrosion on copper contacts." And, it was green gummy corrosion on the copper contacts. I used wood cotton tips & cleaned them. Happened a few more times until I gave her away at 288K. 1st time was front pass door & Lincoln svc mgr, cold rainy winter, charged $480 for new motor and some door stiffener thing. Window probably hadn't been used 12 times since new. 2nd time though, I checked myself and it had no stiffener and the original motor, but had green gummy corrosion.