open hatch from the drivers seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10sne1

Reaction score
Old Suburban 1999 had a button to open the back window on the hatch.
Does the Expedition have such a button located around the driver? Not having much luck with the manual. Thanks Tomm

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oops, just saw your talking 07-up.

far as i know they do not have one. the key fob should be able to pop the window though if i remember correctly.

Z. Baker

Reaction score
I dont beleive there is one...at least not on my XLT.

I just use the keypad.

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess if you broke out the wiring diagram you could add a wire to the switch contacts (or upstream hopefully) in the rear lift gate and wire it to an appropriate switch up front - it's probably a normally open switch that simply need to be closed for that sec to allow power to actuate the motor to open the hatch. My question is why? someone still have to lift the hatch, and could easily push the rear button. My dog wouldn't like it if I accidently pushed it up front(if I installed one), he has a habit of leaning on the window and would probably find himself outside quite quickly.

MPTonyT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the passengers door sill there is a Brown/Yellow wire. wire that to a momentary switch to ground and it will pop the rear glass. test wire to ensure its the right one.