Overhead Digital Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgentry

Reaction score
My overhead digital display (compass, temperature) for my 2000 XLT has gone blank. Occasionally, my odometer goes out for just minutes at a time. Is it simply a fuse problem?

Thanks!

Mike214

Reaction score
Completly blank sounds like some kind of electrical problem, fuse, connections etc. Mine was extremely dim and I found the prob to be tons of dust up behind the display. Price of display was high so start at low items. Mines a 98 so I doubt the wiring is the same but there was a connector, a fuse and other places for stuff to go wrong. The console came down easier than you would think, just 1 screw and some clips. Good luck

OP
OP
C

cgentry

Reaction score
I've checked the fuses and that's not the problem. I think it's the digital display underneath the overhead console. How can I get this part #? I've search online with no success.

Reaction score
odometer going on the blink

Mine does the same thing. I will go out for a few minutes at a time but it still tracking mileage? Anyone else have any ideas?

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you might have a loose ground up under the display the has come totally losse and thats why it aint working no more

my odo does go out every once in a while to but it comes right back on so i dont know what the problem is with it

Reaction score
odometer flashing off

took the dash apart in my expy today cause I had the odometer going off and on also.... it was just a connection that was loose.... might want to check yours

ET2 Burris

Reaction score
I've checked the fuses and that's not the problem. I think it's the digital display underneath the overhead console. How can I get this part #? I've search online with no success.

I've see this fix if its not here it will be on that F150 online fourm.

I think its a cold solder joint on one of the caps on the board.

RevHeat

Reaction score
I am having the same problems also. The overhead display does not work anymore and the milage goes off and on all the time. Sounds like this is a recuring problem. I have 224k miles on mine and it is a 2000 XLT.

Rev

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire