Overhead lights stay on sometimes while driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRL

Reaction score
About 5o% of the time when driving the interior lights stay on after the key is in and the vehicle is started. It is pretty annoying when driving at night and they dont shut off until about 5 to 10 minutes into a drive. Anyone have this problem??

Thanks

Big Ray

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the "Door Ajar" light also stay on? How about when you try to lock the doors, do the lights stay on as well?
Although I have not heard of your symptom by itself, these things are usually the door switch in the door latch mechanism. Try spraying a liberal amount of WD40 into the door latch and working it in (operating the door handles) for awhile.
I have had to do this a few times on my Expy, but it my symptoms usually are the lights staying on after I close the doors, and I get the double horn sound upon trying to lock it with the remote (the signal that a door is still open).

Hope this helps.

Mrrairai

Reaction score
1998 Mine does it most of the time. It stays on like 10 secs after the truck is started with the door shut. I know its something with the switch cause the door ajar light is on as well. However I can't find the switch.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The switch is part of the door latch mechanism as I stated above.
Use the WD40 per my instructions above.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire