P0171 & P0174

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rich_007

Rich_007

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got it back yesterday. He said it needs to run a while to see if any codes show back up. He said they drove it about 20 miles I think. I drove to work and back (another 40 miles) no CEL light yet. I will put the scanner on it later and see if anything is pending. It sure is running a lot smoother. It was kind of surging and idling rough it actually stalled a few times on me before, so he plugged up some leaks with the new pcv and egr I guess. Another day will tell I think.

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got it back yesterday. He said it needs to run a while to see if any codes show back up. He said they drove it about 20 miles I think. I drove to work and back (another 40 miles) no CEL light yet. I will put the scanner on it later and see if anything is pending. It sure is running a lot smoother. It was kind of surging and idling rough it actually stalled a few times on me before, so he plugged up some leaks with the new pcv and egr I guess. Another day will tell I think.
I'm sure it was a lot cheaper than the intake gasket....

OP
OP
Rich_007

Rich_007

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Passed the inspection. Yeeeeeeaaah Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... she will go another year (hopefully).
I was concerned because with the high mileage I was really on the fence whether I was going to sink a grand into it to replace the intake or not.

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Passed the inspection. Yeeeeeeaaah Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... she will go another year (hopefully).
I was concerned because with the high mileage I was really on the fence whether I was going to sink a grand into it to replace the intake or not.
Intake gasket should be no more than $500