P1000 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigilante

Reaction score
I have a 99 w/ 4.6. I'm trying to smog it but I have the P1000 code coming up, meaning the drive cycle hasn't been completed and so the code won't go away and I won't pass smog. I have driven the Ford drive cycle 3 seperate times, meeting all the parameters that I could and have had no luck.

So what I am curious about is if anyone knows what sensors could have tripped that would cause the P1000 code to stay on. I have a Diablosport computer that I have plugged in and returned everything to stock and cleared the system many a time then driven the drive cycle and P1000 is still there. Its the only code that comes up.

Aside from that, the truck has absolutely no problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
evap takes the longest to clear just keep driving it dont keep reseting it

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just keep driving. give it a day or two. then go back in a for smog. it should be cleared at that point. every time you reset it it resets the whole computer, if it was never cleared first.

OP
OP
Vigilante

Vigilante

Reaction score
I've put 724 miles on it in 9 days. The code hasnt cleared after 250 miles each time. The drive cycle is done in about 50.

OP
OP
Vigilante

Vigilante

Reaction score
I know that I'm not supposed to keep clearing it, but I seriously think that there is a sensor that is failing that is preventing the computer from initiating the drive cycle. I jsut have had no luck online or anywhere else really at finding out what sensor(s) it could be.

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
absolutely no other DTCs?

The write up I have access to for a 2006 indicates no real test other then waiting for the code to be cleared by all the tests being run.

Ever had the computer replaced or re-flashed?

Anything stand out in this:

Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The smog shop should be able to tell you which cycles aren't ready. I don't know how strict it is out there, but out here you're allowed to have a couple cycles not ready. I had to get tested at a referee station and I had the P1000 showing and they passed it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Whack

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everything I've heard is that the Evap test cycle can be the one that takes a while...

At about 5000 to 6000ft elevation in Reno wouldn't help(even though Ford says 8000+ft is an issue).

Might be scan gauge time!

OP
OP
Vigilante

Vigilante

Reaction score
So I'm still seeing the code and am having no luck researching as to what could be preventing the drive cycle from completing. Does anyone know what sensors may be failing that will prevent the cycle from completing? Local shops want $100 to "diagnose" the problem and I am sure that $100 later they still won't know the actual problem. So I'm a little hesitant to drop the cash.