Paint bubbling, rear hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rcurtis

Reaction score
My rear hatch has begun to show paint bubbling. I've heard this is common on expeditions? What are my options to fix or prevent further bubbling? Thanks.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How easy it is to get fixed depends on your original B2B warranty. If it's still under that warranty, pretty easy, just go to the dealer and have it fixed. Most likely they won't replace the aluminum skin, just grind down what's corroded and repaint. If it's out of warranty, that's a whole nuther thing. You can either grin and bear it and get it repaired on your own dime, or go through the motions of trying to get dealer to repair it. After you get turned down several times, you might have luck taking it to your small claims court. There's a page on Facebook that contains all you ever wanted to know about suing Ford over this corrosion. https://www.facebook.com/zestar.corp?fref=ts