Painted EB Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soapman99

Reaction score
Hello all,
I searched around and didn't find this topic readily so I figured I start a new thread...

Does anyone have pics of our Gen 2 that they have painted, plasti dipped or vinyl wrapped the EB tan trim? Even more specifically black on a red truck? I think it would look really good on ours with the wheels and running boards, just thought I'd check before I go for it.

Thoughts Ideas Suggestions Pics

Thanks for the help.

9e8aseqe.jpg

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it would be cool. I really like my black on blue on my truck and am considering blacking everything beneath the door trim with rhino liner or something down the road. Just me though.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of the three, I'd probably do plasti-dip or vinyl, since those are reversible.

Personally, I'd probably paint it red (color match) so it looks like a Limited. Painting it black would make it look more like the cheaper XLT. The Limiteds also had the black housing headlights, which might be something you're interested in.

If you do paint it red, make sure to also paint the mirror cap red as well.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check out lane 24...he has a 1st gen (97-02) but he plastidipped the tan to black

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Like Freeway says... mines a first gen, but it will give you an idea of the black on red look.... Plastidipped all my EB trim..

IMG_1913-1.jpg
And back before I dipped my Wheels...

IMG_0747-2ddddd.jpg

PS.. Love your wheels.. I have the 5 spoke version of them on my Intrepid...

SANY0817.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not bad close up...i thought about doing black on mine but after seeing that...i may just fade to black

OP
OP
S

Soapman99

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and 24 thanks for the PS and pics of your rig! Gives me a good look at the possibility. I think it may look good and hey, it's not permanent with PD.

Yours is only the 3rd set of rims I have seen. There is a guy here in my neck of the woods with a set on his black Escalade.