Panoramic Moon Roof..Good idea or asking for trouble?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malenursewtx

Reaction score
I really like the sunroof and I use it daily. My 1st vehicle was an 81 Jeep Scrambler and I liked the open air feel.

I had a broken track after about 9 months. The dealer fixed it in under a day. There are YouTube videos on how to fix it yourself. It would probably be about $150 in parts.

My sunshade makes a clicking noise as it goes in and out. If I was out of warranty, I would just let it be.

It is important to clean and grease the seals on them every 6 months or less. My dealer did not do it when I had my oil changed.

I’m still happy that I bought it. Thus far the positives outweigh the negatives for me. It really comes down to personal preference, just realize that it may not be 100% issue free.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a video on you to clean and grease the seals?

https://youtu.be/A6hC8RA4pO0

This is a good start. I found that by venting and opening the sunroof, I could get to almost all of the sealing surfaces. I cleaned/greased all the way around the glass and the opposite surfaces. Each position provides access to different seals.

Lubing it solved rattling issues with my sunroof.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I LOVE mine too. I will say in the Arizona heat and sun, it's only open half the year. I use the vent feature in the garage. I think it helps to move air around. It's truly awesome in our winters. Great light, air moving.

I'll say it again....I think I got a good one. NO issues, no noise, no rattles.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really don't mind mine at all. I have 106xxx kms on the clock and no issues other than occasional creaking in -40C temps. I usually leave the sunshade open as it provides a ton of light.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also love mine, 16k in. On Saturday it survived some golf ball sized hail on the highway.

DCS_express

Reaction score
I use mine every morning and enjoy having it. . The kids like to open the shade when its raining or at night to see the sky. No issues after two years but I do think it needs some lubrication now, and maybe a track cleaning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chase5817