Panoramic Moon Roof..Good idea or asking for trouble?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scip

Reaction score
Shopping for a Limited Max with Pano Roof. I love the idea and looks but am I asking for trouble down the road with it breaking/mechanical functioning problems? I will probably keep it for 6-7 years.

FormerGermanFan

Reaction score
All I can say is that it looks incredible and is nice to have, but ~11K miles in on my 19’ the dealer had to take apart my headliner to replace the tracks, it kept rattling badly.

Others have had some issues too, but if you are planning on buying a Ford ESP I say go for it!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate mine, its just another thing to break and I feel its a safety issue if we get into a roll over crash. I'd much rather count on a sheet of crappy steel over my head than a sheet of glass that's gonna shatter.
I leave mine closed and the sun shade closed at all times. I've never open it once.... You can't get the premium models WITHOUT it.

m3bs

Reaction score
I wish I could have skipped it. Mine has never been opened. Just excess weight in the wrong place.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would love to have my Platinum without it. But I don’t think you can delete it. My roof rack covers half of it and it just adds noise to the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I loved it when i had it, and goin back to regular sunroofs suck to be honest. There were rattle prob with mine at first but over time, wasnt too much of an issue.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I brought the truck in for sunroof rattel.

I asked if there was a way to permanently stop the rattle, instead of greasing the gasket every few months.

Both service advisors that were in the office, chuckled and said "we would never buy a ford with a sunroof"

That was their way of saying, they can not fix my rattling roof.

Lukewang01

Reaction score
I don't have one, and occasionally gets people asking how it doesn't come with one for such a vehicle. Personally I don't really use sunroof or need the extra light in the cabin.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like the sunroof and I use it daily. My 1st vehicle was an 81 Jeep Scrambler and I liked the open air feel.

I had a broken track after about 9 months. The dealer fixed it in under a day. There are YouTube videos on how to fix it yourself. It would probably be about $150 in parts.

My sunshade makes a clicking noise as it goes in and out. If I was out of warranty, I would just let it be.

It is important to clean and grease the seals on them every 6 months or less. My dealer did not do it when I had my oil changed.

I’m still happy that I bought it. Thus far the positives outweigh the negatives for me. It really comes down to personal preference, just realize that it may not be 100% issue free.